SQL 7.0:-Unable to open the "OLAP Manager" and "Enterprise Manager"

SQL 7.0:-Unable to open the "OLAP Manager" and "Enterprise Manager"

Post by Murth » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:53:42

Hi,

We are using SQL server 7.0/SP2. It is working fine all
the time so far. But yesterday we couldn't open the
"OLAP Manager" or "Enterprise manager" on the server
machine but can be viewed from client machine.

I followed the menu path below to start the OLAP manager
"Start->Programs->Microsoft SQLServer7.0->OLAP Services-

Quote:>OLAP Manager". The error message is "Unable to open the

selected file". The same error message encountered while
using the enterprise manager ("Start->Programs->Microsoft
SQLServer7.0->Enterprise Manager").

Thanks for the attention.

SQL 7.0:-Unable to open the "OLAP Manager" and "Enterprise Manager"

Post by Ramesh Kancharl » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:18:01

Did you try reinstalling the client piece of sql server again (only tools)?
And also I think it's time for you to move ahead with SP3/SP4.

Quote:> Hi,

> We are using SQL server 7.0/SP2. It is working fine all
> the time so far. But yesterday we couldn't open the
> "OLAP Manager" or "Enterprise manager" on the server
> machine but can be viewed from client machine.

> I followed the menu path below to start the OLAP manager
> "Start->Programs->Microsoft SQLServer7.0->OLAP Services-
> >OLAP Manager". The error message is "Unable to open the
> selected file". The same error message encountered while
> using the enterprise manager ("Start->Programs->Microsoft
> SQLServer7.0->Enterprise Manager").

> Thanks for the attention.

1. Enterprise Manager "Open Table" frustration

When I open a database table using the Enterprise Manager action menu or by right-
clicking on the table in the right pane, the sort buttons on the toolbar are
always disabled. Can you tell me why?

2. Free EDI

3. "Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

4. restoring a server

5. "suspect" tags in SQL Enterprise Manager

6. read longRaw

8. OIDP - who know it?

9. Record.open "", "URL=..."

10. Enterprise Manager "Error"

11. Enterprise Manager "catastrophic failure" message

12. Irritating "feature" of Enterprise Manager