Transaction Isolation Levels

Post by Adder » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Has anybody got any idea how to permanently change SQL Server transaction
isolation level. Using the SET statement only changed the level for that
user session. Has anybody got any ideas.

Thanks

Transaction Isolation Levels

Post by Bob Pfeif » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

The set statement for a session is the broadest scope for transaction
isolation levels.

--
Bob Pfeiff
MCSD, MVP

1. Transaction Isolation Level

Me again,

I am having trouble getting transaction isolation levels set with Oracle.
I need to read, process, then delete rows from Oracle tables.  During
the time I am doing the work the table is continually being added to.
I need to make sure that none of the newly added row will be deleted
when I issue a delete command.

I have set the package properties to transaction isolation level
serializable.
I have set the datapump(source connection oracle-destination SQL 2K)
to join the transaction.

However, when I issue the delete command(sql task, also join trans) it
deletes
all the rows, not just the ones I read in the Datapump.

I have tried both MS OLE DB for Oracle and Oracle OLE DB  on the connection.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would really like the DTS package to
control
the transaction if I could without having to find a workaround.

Thanks (sorry for the lengthy narrative)

Tom Furness

2. BOSTON ORACLE DBA

3. TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL

4. Books Online Favorites, 7.0 to 2000

5. Transaction isolation level

6. Error 208 Invalid object name '...'

7. Transaction Isolation Level property

8. Replication - advice needed

9. SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ UNCOMMITTED

10. setting transaction isolation level programatically

11. Transaction Isolation Level

12. HELP: Transaction Isolation Levels

13. SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL