SQL Error Could not set working set size to ... KB

SQL Error Could not set working set size to ... KB

Post by June » Mon, 06 Nov 2000 04:00:00

in the NT4.0 Event Viewer, the error

SQL 7
Event ID: 17055 Source: MSSQLServer

The description for Event ID ( 17055 ) in Source ( MSSQLServer ) could not be
found. It contains the following insertion string(s): 17122, initdata: Warning:
Could not set working set size to 649024 KB.

"Could not set working set size to ...."
i dont understand what it was and how to deal with it
finding more information about this SQL error (17122) but havent find any clue yet
have anyone experienced this kind of Error?

?
My system RAM = 640MB

June

SQL Error Could not set working set size to ... KB

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 07 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Some guesses:

Have you used sp_configure to bump up any of below settings?
Min server memory
set working set size

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
FAQ at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

in the NT4.0 Event Viewer, the error

SQL 7
Event ID: 17055 Source: MSSQLServer

The description for Event ID ( 17055 ) in Source ( MSSQLServer ) could not be
found. It contains the following insertion string(s): 17122, initdata: Warning:
Could not set working set size to 649024 KB.

"Could not set working set size to ...."
i dont understand what it was and how to deal with it
finding more information about this SQL error (17122) but havent find any clue yet
have anyone experienced this kind of Error?

?
My system RAM = 640MB

June

SQL Error Could not set working set size to ... KB

Post by misha21.. » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I have another question about the same error - what should be done if
the server did not come up after reboot.  I guess I can not bump
anything?
Thanks,

Misha

  "Tibor Karaszi"

> Some guesses:

> Have you used sp_configure to bump up any of below settings?
> Min server memory
> set working set size

> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> Please reply to the newsgroup only, not by email.
> FAQ at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

> in the NT4.0 Event Viewer, the error

> SQL 7
> Event ID: 17055 Source: MSSQLServer

> The description for Event ID ( 17055 ) in Source ( MSSQLServer )
could not be
> found. It contains the following insertion string(s): 17122,
initdata: Warning:
> Could not set working set size to 649024 KB.

> "Could not set working set size to ...."
> i dont understand what it was and how to deal with it
> finding more information about this SQL error (17122) but havent find
any clue yet
> have anyone experienced this kind of Error?

> ?
> My system RAM = 640MB

> June

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

SQL Error Could not set working set size to ... KB

Post by Tibor Karasz » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Misha,

Start SQL Server with -f
More info in Books Online. Search, for instance, for:
sqlservr

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Neil's FAQ at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

> Hi,

> I have another question about the same error - what should be done if
> the server did not come up after reboot.  I guess I can not bump
> anything?
> Thanks,

> Misha

>   "Tibor Karaszi"

> > Some guesses:

> > Have you used sp_configure to bump up any of below settings?
> > Min server memory
> > set working set size

> > --
> > Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> > Please reply to the newsgroup only, not by email.
> > FAQ at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

> > in the NT4.0 Event Viewer, the error

> > SQL 7
> > Event ID: 17055 Source: MSSQLServer

> > The description for Event ID ( 17055 ) in Source ( MSSQLServer )
> could not be
> > found. It contains the following insertion string(s): 17122,
> initdata: Warning:
> > Could not set working set size to 649024 KB.

> > "Could not set working set size to ...."
> > i dont understand what it was and how to deal with it
> > finding more information about this SQL error (17122) but havent find
> any clue yet
> > have anyone experienced this kind of Error?

> > ?
> > My system RAM = 640MB

> > June

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. error 17122 : initdata: Warning: Could not set working set size to 519104 KB.

All,

I am receiving error 17122.  I am probably going to reconfigure the server
to dynamically allocate memory, but can somebody answer the following
question?  Why is SQL Server attempting to set the working set size to
519104KB, when the configuration is as follows (basically, fixed memory at
350MB)?

SQL Server 7.0 SP2
512MB

Set working set size = 1
Min Server Memory = 350MB
Max Server Memory = 350MB

I have searched everywhere, and I have check the SP3 fixlist, and have
failed to find an explanation.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerard

2. DTS Trap Error

3. Error 17122 : initdata: Warning: Could not set working set size to 1038848 KB.

4. Query Analizer and Profiler not running

5. initdata: Warning: Could not set working set size to 1038848 KB.

6. storing results of xp_cmdshell in a cursor

7. 17122 :initdata: Warning: Could not set working set size to 519104 KB.

8. Is there anybody there .....

9. Eventlog Mesg 17122 : initdata: Warning: Could not set working set size to 519104 KB

10. Setting Working Set Size on SQL 7 under Windows 2000

11. SQL 7.0 - Working set size ERROR

12. SQL 7.0 Working set size error

13. UPDATE / Multiple SET not working - fields being set to NULL