Merge Replication deleting records intermittently

Merge Replication deleting records intermittently

Post by Joe Bertolin » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:35:38

I've set up Merge replication between mutliple publishers and one central
subscriber. The problem I am getting is that records are intermittently
being deleted from the publishers for no apparent reason. I am filtering the
data from the publishers, each article in the publications contains a field
called site_code which is an integer. This field uniquely identifies each
site. The records are being deleted, they are not in the conflict tables,
and no conflicts are being raised by the system.

I have set up the replication as a series of Pull subscriptions staggered by
half an hour for each publisher. The publishers are running SQL 7.0 Desktop
Edition and the Subscriber is SQL 7.0 Enterprise, all with SP3 applied. Has
anyone come across a similar problem or know if this is a bug? Any help will
be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Regards,

Joe Bertolini

Merge Replication deleting records intermittently

Post by ?vi » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:24:10

Hi,

r they being deleted from all sites??,... if from specific site.. then
whether that publication have any other subscription with different
priority??

?vi ?

Quote:> I've set up Merge replication between mutliple publishers and one central
> subscriber. The problem I am getting is that records are intermittently
> being deleted from the publishers for no apparent reason. I am filtering
the
> data from the publishers, each article in the publications contains a
field
> called site_code which is an integer. This field uniquely identifies each
> site. The records are being deleted, they are not in the conflict tables,
> and no conflicts are being raised by the system.

> I have set up the replication as a series of Pull subscriptions staggered
by
> half an hour for each publisher. The publishers are running SQL 7.0
Desktop
> Edition and the Subscriber is SQL 7.0 Enterprise, all with SP3 applied.
Has
> anyone come across a similar problem or know if this is a bug? Any help
will
> be greatly appreciated.

> TIA

> Regards,

> Joe Bertolini

Merge Replication deleting records intermittently

Post by Joe Bertolin » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:41:49

So far it has only deleted records from one site only. All the sites are
using the same priority however and all the publications only have one
subscription each.

> Hi,

> r they being deleted from all sites??,... if from specific site.. then
> whether that publication have any other subscription with different
> priority??

> ?vi ?

> > I've set up Merge replication between mutliple publishers and one
central
> > subscriber. The problem I am getting is that records are intermittently
> > being deleted from the publishers for no apparent reason. I am filtering
> the
> > data from the publishers, each article in the publications contains a
> field
> > called site_code which is an integer. This field uniquely identifies
each
> > site. The records are being deleted, they are not in the conflict
tables,
> > and no conflicts are being raised by the system.

> > I have set up the replication as a series of Pull subscriptions
staggered
> by
> > half an hour for each publisher. The publishers are running SQL 7.0
> Desktop
> > Edition and the Subscriber is SQL 7.0 Enterprise, all with SP3 applied.
> Has
> > anyone come across a similar problem or know if this is a bug? Any help
> will
> > be greatly appreciated.

> > TIA

> > Regards,

> > Joe Bertolini

1. Merge replication deleting records on subscriber after sync

I am running a SQL 2000 app with a pull subscription to SQL CE. Everything
is okay but my concern is that I am going to run out of memory space on the
device. What I would like to do is to delete the records on the device after
the user syncs. What I was thinking of doing was to write a trigger that
inserts a record on the publication to a second master table and then delete
the record

Any Ideas

Paul

2. Code Page/Collation Problem

3. Records getting deleted in merge replication on Synchronization after applying S

4. Database Administrator's Salary

5. Merge Replication Deleting Records

6. alias of field name used in where clause

7. URGET !!Merge Replication deleting records

8. DTSrun

9. Conflicts in merge replication, records deleted

10. Merge Replication deleting records

11. Merge replication deletes new records on device

12. merge replication doesn't merge records

13. Publisher Deletes merge Replication