DW Training

Post by Tim » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 22:42:30

I am looking into DW and OLAP training course.  The class does not necessary
need to be a certification class, just a class with a good instructor with
lots of experience.  I currently have 4 years of MS SQL Administration and
development experience, plus 1 year of Oracle administration and a good
understanding of how DW's and OLAP works.  I am looking for an advanced to
highly techincal course if any exist.  If someone has had a good experience
with taking a class described above, your input will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Tim

1. DW Training - Need Recommendations

I am looking for any recommendations someone might have as to the most
effective training for Data Warehouse modeling, ETL, and
implementation.

I have researched training offerings from Ralph Kimball Associates,
and The Data Warehousing Institute (TWDI) to name a few.  Ralph
Kimball's training obviously focuses alot on the Dimensional approach
whereas TDWI's training seems to cover it only briefly.

Any information you could provide (good and bad) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick Chiodo

2. is there a way to retrieve random records from an SQL db?

3. Shift Work Database - Dealing with RDO patterns

4. MSDBA training resources for the DW exam

5. How I can locks with NOWAIT?

6. DW Special Interest Group Mtg: DW Roles and Responsibilities

7. Microsoft Sql Server Training : Hands-On, Self-Paced Training for Microsoft Sql Server Version 6.5

8. Training Registry - Directory of Database training resources

9. Microsoft Sql Server Training : Hands-On, Self-Paced Training for Microsoft Sql Server Version 6.5