Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set in DTS Analysis Process Task

Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set in DTS Analysis Process Task

Post by MWei » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 05:24:42

I have a package in DTS (SQL Server 2000) in which the filter
expression for an Analysis Services Process Task is set via code.
Everything runs fine until the Cube Process task is fired off then I
receive the above noted error. The cube process task is performing an
incremental update on a OLAP cube. In the filter expression that is
being created in the ActiveX task, I am using square brackets instead
of double quotes so that the filter expression comes out like:

([facttable].[idcolumn] > 85000)

Note: I am putting the parenthesis in as well. I am wondering if I am
getting this error because I am using square brackets? If anyone has
any ideas or suggestions, I would appreciate your help.
Thank you,
Michael

Object Variable or With Block Variable Not Set in DTS Analysis Process Task

Post by Dennis Redfiel » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 00:08:22

I doubt the parenthesis or square brackets are your problem (if it were I
think you would get a syntax error at run time rather than a null object
variable error).  Could we see the DTS ActiveX code please?

Quote:> I have a package in DTS (SQL Server 2000) in which the filter