clustered index size

Post by pear » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 05:33:51

hi,  how to estimate clustered index size for a table?

let's say I have single column "ID" varchar(10),
has 100 rows of data. what is amount of disk space need for clustered index?

clustered index size

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 05:04:57

Pearl,

The leaf level of a clustered index is the actual data (the entire row).
The upper levels of the index are minimal.

--
Andrew J. Kelly   SQL MVP
Targitinteractive, Inc.

Quote:> hi,  how to estimate clustered index size for a table?

> let's say I have single column "ID" varchar(10),
> has 100 rows of data. what is amount of disk space need for clustered

clustered index size

Post by Alan Brewer [MS » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 05:06:53

In the SQL Server 2000 Books Online there is a section in Creating and
Maintaining Databases on estimating the sizes of databases. There is a topic
"Estimating the Size of a Table With a Clustered Index" that gives an
algorithm for estimating the size of the index.