About the performance of Informix Online Workgroup Server 7.2

About the performance of Informix Online Workgroup Server 7.2

Post by Yang Le » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Can anybody give me a performance test result of Informix Online Workgroup
Server 7.2 running on a SCO Unix Openserver 5.0.4 ,Pentium II 300MHz,128MB
RAM system?

I want to know how many transactions per sencond(TPS) it can reach!

Post by Jim Duga » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Have you looked at  www.tpc.org?

--
Jim Dugan

Data Warehouse Practice Manager
Spectrum Technology Group

>Can anybody give me a performance test result of Informix Online Workgroup
>Server 7.2 running on a SCO Unix Openserver 5.0.4 ,Pentium II 300MHz,128MB
>RAM system?

>I want to know how many transactions per sencond(TPS) it can reach!

1. OnLine Dynamic Server 7.2 Vs INFORMIX Dynamic Server 7.3

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:40:44 -0500, Ben Jazi

No, IDS 9.x is the ORDBMS. This autumn the 7.3 and 9.x code lines will
be merged into one so from IDS 9.2 the ORDBMS functionality will be a
true option to the server.

The new features and functionality of 7.3 is best described here:
http://www.informix.com/de/produkte/ids/ids73.html

This is in german, so it may be a problem. You may understand a few
key points even if you don't read german.
I don't know know of any other good description of the new things.
At the Informix site there is some information in:
http://www.informix.com/informix/press/1998/ids73.htm
At http://www.informix.com/answers there is also a technical overview
of the new features in the Guide to SQL: Syntax manual for IDS 7.3 and
in some other manuals.

Nils Myklebust
NM Data AS
Norway

FAQ at: http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/faq_top.html
(Now with ODBC info under "Third party products".)

2. Debugging

3. Connecting Access97 client to Informix On-Line Workgroup Server 7.2 (NT)

4. Beta testing wanted

5. How to migrate database on Online Dynamic Server 7.2 to Online Dynamic Server 7.1

6. newbie: 'Joining' in mySql

7. PRESS: INFORMIX-ONLINE DYNAMIC SERVER? 7.2

8. SQL 6.5 Dat file

9. Performance / Internal Q's -- Online 7.2

10. Online Workgroup Server Performance

11. Error -565 in Informix Online WorkGroup Server 7.30

12. Error 451 Locator Buffer Size Too Small when using dbexport in Informix Online Workgroup Server 7.22

13. Informix OnLine Workgroup Server