Accessing Flat files through DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

Accessing Flat files through DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

Post by sa.. » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I am interested in defining a DTS package that transforms data from
flat files to SQL Server table.

I would like to access the flat files through the DTS Flat File OLE DB
Provider.

But, I couldn't find any information on how to define the metadata of
the Flat files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hayim Salti

1. SQL Server DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

I am trying to build a connection string for the OLE DB Provider listed in
the subject of the posted message but can not find any documentation on the
properties to be passed in the connection string. If anyone knows where I
can find documentation on which properties are optional, and what the values
the properties are looking for, please let me know. OR, Is there a better
way? Will need to
provide importing delimited, seperated, and fixed files that always
change....

Thank you in advance,

Darryl Jewett

2. Win 98 and MS Jet 4.0 ODBC Driver

3. Using the OLE DB flat file provider to automate DTS w/VB6

4. Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Enterprise Manager Error

5. Exporting more than 22 coloumns to a flat text file from MS OLE DB Provider

6. Returning DOS file size in D3NT

7. Documentation for DTS Flat File Provider

8. pl/sql user session control

9. How to use the flat file provider with VB6 automated DTS

10. Reqd help for reading flat text file throgh OLE DB

11. DTS numbers in Access to flat file

12. Flat File Rowset Provider - strange results

13. DTS flat file