passing url parameters to SQL Server

Post by Glenn Levin » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I would like to pass the url parameters to the SQL Server database and have
the query performed in the database, not by the active server page...

What is the database side for this?  What is the SQL syntax, for example, if
I was passing the url parameter "employeeID"...

select *
from tblEmployees
where employeeID = <url parameter>

_____
Glenn

passing url parameters to SQL Server

Post by Muhammad Falik She » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:02:34

If u don't like the ASP, then what is the connectivity u r using to connect the
DB?

> I would like to pass the url parameters to the SQL Server database and have
> the query performed in the database, not by the active server page...

> What is the database side for this?  What is the SQL syntax, for example, if
> I was passing the url parameter "employeeID"...

> select *
> from tblEmployees
> where employeeID = <url parameter>

> _____
> Glenn

  falik.vcf
< 1K Download

passing url parameters to SQL Server

Post by Glenn Levin » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I'm not sure what you mean...what is the "connectivity"?

I've got an ODBC datasource...connection if that's what you're asking....

____
Glenn

* Sent from Devdex.com http://www.devdex.com The Web Developers Index *
The world's largest index site for web developers.

1. Passing a URL parameter to the PL/SQL cartridge

I have a PL/SQL procedure that I am using to produce dynamic web
pages that I want to pass a URL to as a parameter in order to do
a meta-tag refresh.

Example:

http://appserver.doamin.com/dad/plsql/myproc?myurl=http://www.param_url.
com

When I try this, I receive the following error from the webserver:

  "The request did not specify a valid virtual host."

I have tried passing the parameter with both single and double quotes
arround the URL. I receive the same results.

If I leave of the "http://" portion of the URL parameter the parameter
will be accepted, however this doesn't solve my problem as then the
refresh ends up trying to refresh to:
http://appserver.domain.com/dad/plsql/www.param_url.com

For obvious reasons this is the wrong URL to refresh to. I have
temporarily  solved this problem by hard-coding the "http://"
portion of the URL into my PL/SQL code and then appending it to
the URL parameter. This will not work in the case of "ftp://"

What doesn't the webserver allow me to pass the string "http://"
as part of a parameter?

Joe Lofft
State University of New York

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Database Research Position/Bedford, MA

3. Can't pass parameters via URL

4. CFP: (MM'94) Workshop on Multimedia Data Base Management Systems (M-DBMSs)

5. passing URL parameters to XPATH (XDR) queries via Templates

6. SQL and Exchange

7. pass a parameter from URL without map to DB

8. Stored procedure call from ADO

9. Help Please, need to pass arguments to a URL using SQL Server Job

10. Still Trying to Pass Parameter to SQL Server 7

11. Problem passing parameters to SQL Server

12. Parameter passing from SQL Server to Delphi