Syntax error in UPDATE statement while using a Memo field

Syntax error in UPDATE statement while using a Memo field

Post by John » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I hope that this is the correct group to post this question, however am
having a problem that I can not seem to fix.  I have been working with it
for 3 days.

The problem is that one of my fields (the field named Text ) in my Access 97
database is a memo field. When I leave out this field from my Sql statement,
all runs fine.  However, when I add it I get the message "Syntax error in
UPDATE statement" . I've tried putting the Text field at the end of my
statement, and I've tried double single quotes and all types of
combinations.  There must be a way so that I can update a memo field.  Can
anybody help me?  Thank you in advance very much.

John

SqlText = "Update PressRelease Set Title='" & Title & "',Location='" &
Location & "',Text='" & Text & "' WHERE ID=" & Session("T0ID")

Syntax error in UPDATE statement while using a Memo field

Post by anthony_k.. » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I think it is a wrong group for you, because here we talked about MSSQL
server 7.0. There are many other groups on Access.

But do check your Access 97 documentation to see if TEXT is a keyword.

Hope this help

Anthony

Quote:> Hi,

> I hope that this is the correct group to post this question, however
am
> having a problem that I can not seem to fix.  I have been working
with it
> for 3 days.

> The problem is that one of my fields (the field named Text ) in my
Access 97
> database is a memo field. When I leave out this field from my Sql
statement,
> all runs fine.  However, when I add it I get the message "Syntax
error in
> UPDATE statement" . I've tried putting the Text field at the end of my
> statement, and I've tried double single quotes and all types of
> combinations.  There must be a way so that I can update a memo
field.  Can
> anybody help me?  Thank you in advance very much.

> John

> SqlText = "Update PressRelease Set Title='" & Title & "',Location='" &
> Location & "',Text='" & Text & "' WHERE ID=" & Session("T0ID")

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Syntax error when updating Memo field in a view in VFP5

HI All,

Has anyone ever run into this problem? I have a view which reads a
memo field in a foxpro 5.0 table. The view works fine when you add new
records. The view works fine when you enter a value into the memo
field for the 1ST time. However, when you try to change the value of
the memo after it has a value in it, and try to update the table via
tableupdate, vfp returns a tableupdate error of 10 - syntax error!!!

I've never seen anything like this before. Does anyone know what might
be the problem, or has had similar problems updating memo fields?

Thanks in advance!

-Steve

2. Education

3. Updating data to a memo field using SQL UPDATE

4. List Servers

5. What is the syntax for copy a memo to a database memo field

6. What is CORBA?

7. Using stored query statements within a Memo field

8. Restricting access to db based on user id

9. (0x80040E14) Syntax error in UPDATE statement.

10. Syntax error in UPDATE statement

11. HE: Syntax Error in UPDATE statement

12. Syntax Error in Update Statement