Help Wanted : DTS Packages & Triggers

Post by Siddharth Sharangpan » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 21:12:50

hi
I am working on MS SQL7 and have designed a package in the
package designer. This package mainly transfers as well as
transforms data from one database at a geographically
distant location and puts them in my database. That part
is simulated with both the databases on a my machine. Now
my problem is after the package is executed succssfully
the data is inserted into 3 import tables, and i wish to
write triggers ( includes business logic) on all these 3
tables after successful transfer of data into the import
tables. The 3 triggers written are based on after Insert
statement but they dont get triggered at all. But running
a separate SQL insert statment in the import tables the
triggered gets fired.

Please help
Cheers
Sid

  mydtsdesign.gif
1K Download

Help Wanted : DTS Packages & Triggers

Post by Sharpe » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 21:43:01

Sid,

Uncheck the "Use Fast Load" option of your data pump tasks (Options tab).
Triggers should then fire.

Cheers,
Chris

Quote:> hi
> I am working on MS SQL7 and have designed a package in the
> package designer. This package mainly transfers as well as
> transforms data from one database at a geographically
> distant location and puts them in my database. That part
> is simulated with both the databases on a my machine. Now
> my problem is after the package is executed succssfully
> the data is inserted into 3 import tables, and i wish to
> write triggers ( includes business logic) on all these 3
> tables after successful transfer of data into the import
> tables. The 3 triggers written are based on after Insert
> statement but they dont get triggered at all. But running
> a separate SQL insert statment in the import tables the
> triggered gets fired.

> Please help
> Cheers
> Sid

1. DTS package & ADO recordset from DTS Connection

My problem is to gather the connection parameters in DTS package.
In ActiveX Script(in DTS) I create ADO connection with database.
I need to handle returned ADO recordset. I need to set ADO params
just the same with DTS Connection's params.
When I use non integrated security I need username/password,
but Connection object not give this information (I'm use MDAC 2.5).

How can I reach username/password for ADO connection or
how I can get ADO recordset in DTS package ?

2. Run a series of Stored Proc

3. DTS & Trigger Help

4. Color on a pc using a terminal emulator

5. Approach 3 - find query.

6. Field Names

7. Run a DTS package from another DTS package

8. DTS package not executing an inside DTS package

9. Calling DTS package from DTS package

10. Running DTS Packages from a DTS package