err 30014 Sql 2k and Access 2k problems with triggers

err 30014 Sql 2k and Access 2k problems with triggers

Post by Dori Kaf » Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:56:05

Environment is SQL Server 2k and Access 2k.

I have a number of views that look like "Select tblWhatever.* From
tblWhatever Where tblWhatever.UserGroup In (Select UserGroup From
vwCurrentUser)". The base tables have insert triggers that plug
UserGroup into them. The primary key of each base table is an Identity
column. Some tables have foreign keys.

I have no problems adding records to views where the base table has no
FKs, but adding records to views where the base table does have FKs
causes problems.

If I link the tables with FKs in my Access front end, I have no
problems adding records. However, if I link the view, I get #Deleted
errors whenever I try to add a record that duplicates an existing FK
value. Requerying the view reveals the record that was just added.

This could be something to do with the known problem of Access not
knowing the value of the just added record's Identity column and
trying to find it based on the values of other fields. But if that's
so, why don't the same problems occur when I add the records to the
table rather than the view?

I understand that the insert trigger is most likely doing a delete
followed by an add. Could this cause a problem with the view but not
with the base table?

thanks Dori Kafri

1. Access 2K ADP connection to SQL 2K

I have problems getting a connection to my SQL database. Several
server names are available in the drop down menu when I go into File
=> Connection but not the server I am looking for. I have tried
manually typing the <servername> as well as \\<servername> as it is a
local server in the same domain as my computer but still no joy in
getting a connection. Other servers that are in the drop down list are
also in my domain. I have tried logging into my computer locally
instead of on the domain and going through the same process, but
no-go. I can replicate this problem on a couple of other computers,
but at the same time I can also create a connection as well on some
computers.

Any ideas? I'm really confused.

Cheers, Jenny

2. Where is Oracle?

3. Access 2K and Sql Server 2K

4. private dimension-structures

5. Push replication Access 2k --> SQL Server 2k

6. DB Upgrade Tool.

7. Help Converting Access 2K DB to SQL Server 2K

8. ADO download

9. Need help : SQL server 2k <->MS Access 2k

10. SQL 2k and Access 97/2k

11. Connecting Access 2k to sql server 2k

12. Access 2K to SQL 2K client/server sync

13. Win 2K SP3 and SQL 2K MDAC install problem