Migration of a base SQL 6.5 towards SQL 7.0

Migration of a base SQL 6.5 towards SQL 7.0

Post by eric.maure » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I must migrate a data base SQL SERVER 6.5 towards SQL SERVER 7.
My server SQL 7 is installed on a new machine.
I use SQL SERVER UPGRADE WIZARD. All seems to function normally...
However the data are not migrated on the server.
I miss it in other:
- the creation of the tables and their contents
- the creation of the VIEWS
- the creation of the users in the table
In fact, I have the impression of the WIZARD did not carry out anything of
conclusive.
Did you already meet this type of problem?
How then to solve this " anomaly"
What do you advise me to look in first?
I thank you for your assistance.
Cordially,

Migration of a base SQL 6.5 towards SQL 7.0

Post by Dana Burnel » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

You need to run the upgrade wizard on tye 7.0 machine. From there, you need
to specify the import and export servers, and select the databases that you
want to export.

I must migrate a data base SQL SERVER 6.5 towards SQL SERVER 7.
My server SQL 7 is installed on a new machine.
I use SQL SERVER UPGRADE WIZARD. All seems to function normally...
However the data are not migrated on the server.
I miss it in other:
- the creation of the tables and their contents
- the creation of the VIEWS
- the creation of the users in the table
In fact, I have the impression of the WIZARD did not carry out anything of
conclusive.
Did you already meet this type of problem?
How then to solve this " anomaly"
What do you advise me to look in first?
I thank you for your assistance.
Cordially,

Migration of a base SQL 6.5 towards SQL 7.0

Post by Neil Pik » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 04:00:00

 Eric - the upgrade wizard should take all these across.  Please describe what
you have done, step by step

 > I must migrate a data base SQL SERVER 6.5 towards SQL SERVER 7.

Quote:> My server SQL 7 is installed on a new machine.
> I use SQL SERVER UPGRADE WIZARD. All seems to function normally...
> However the data are not migrated on the server.
> I miss it in other:
> - the creation of the tables and their contents
> - the creation of the VIEWS
> - the creation of the users in the table
> In fact, I have the impression of the WIZARD did not carry out anything of
> conclusive.
> Did you already meet this type of problem?
> How then to solve this " anomaly"
> What do you advise me to look in first?
> I thank you for your assistance.
> Cordially,

 Reply here - no email
 SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
 (faqxxx.zip in lib 7)
 or www.sqlserverfaq.com
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

1. Migration of a base SQL 6.5 towards SQL 7.0

Migration of a base SQL 6.5 towards SQL 7.0
I must migrate a data base SQL SERVER 6.5 towards SQL SERVER 7.
My server SQL 7 is installed on a new machine.
I use SQL SERVER UPGRADE WIZARD. All seems to function normally...
However the data are not migrated on the server.
I miss it in other:
- the creation of the tables and their contents
- the creation of the VIEWS
- the creation of the users in the table
In fact, I have the impression of the WIZARD did not carry out anything of
conclusive.
Did you already meet this type of problem?
How then to solve this " anomaly"
What do you advise me to look in first?
I thank you for your assistance.
Cordially,

2. "Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt or had been tampered with (unknown package id)" when running SQL7 setup

3. SQL 7.0 database migration from 6.5 do I need the 7.0 client

4. Random number spl

5. *** Need Help With Migration from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0***

6. Washington DC - Oracle / Sybase / Access Developer – TS/SCI Clearance

7. Migration from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0 to eliminate blocking.txt

8. Stored Procedures and Temp Tables

9. SQL 6.5 -> SQL 7.0 Migration Wizard

10. SQL 7.0 SP1 and Migration Utility Problems from SQL 6.5

11. SQL 6.5 -> SQL 7.0 Migration

12. Migration from MS Access 7.0 to MS SQL Server 6.5 - NEED HELP