Tool for converting Store Procedure in SQL Server to Oracle Store Procedures

Tool for converting Store Procedure in SQL Server to Oracle Store Procedures

Post by N. Mirz » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 05:40:52

How different Store Procedures are in SQL Server vs. in
Oracle?
Is there a tool available for converting SQL Server store
procedures to their Oracle equivalent.

Tool for converting Store Procedure in SQL Server to Oracle Store Procedures

Post by Brian Mora » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 07:27:26

I'm not aware of any tool that will do this in an automated manner.

--

Brian Moran
SQL Server MVP

Quote:> How different Store Procedures are in SQL Server vs. in
> Oracle?
> Is there a tool available for converting SQL Server store
> procedures to their Oracle equivalent.

Tool for converting Store Procedure in SQL Server to Oracle Store Procedures

Post by Tim Sutto » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:26:58

I believe Oracle actually have the tools for converting stored procedures
from SQL Server to Oracle.  If I remember it is called "Oracle Migration
Workbench".

Tim

> I'm not aware of any tool that will do this in an automated manner.

> --

> Brian Moran
> SQL Server MVP
> SQL Server Magazine Columnist

> > How different Store Procedures are in SQL Server vs. in
> > Oracle?
> > Is there a tool available for converting SQL Server store
> > procedures to their Oracle equivalent.

1. Calling Oracle Stored Procedure from within SQL Server Stored Procedure

I am attempting to execute a Oracle stored procedure from with in a
sql server stored procedure via a linked server. The oracle procedure
is expecting two date parameters. I receive the follwing error message
when I execute the below. I have tested the oracle stored procedure
from within VB and returns resultset correctly as expected.

Stuart

Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 1
Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '20030720'.

BusUnit, Participant, State, RegionID, Status, PeriodEnd, DB_MW,
RRN_MW})}'')'

2. Clipper and Windows

3. How to call an Oracle Stored procedure from MSSQL Server Stored Procedure

4. getting Table Information

5. Convert Stored Procedures from Oracle to DB2 UDB Tool: SPRocT

6. FYI, replication errors resolved...

7. Converting SQL Server Stored Procedures to Oracle using Migration Workbench

8. Reports in VB

9. Converting stored procedures from MS/SQL-Server to Oracle

10. Calling a Java Stored Procedure from another Java Stored Stored Procedure

11. Calling a stored procedure on another server from within a stored procedure

12. using SQL stored procedure results in stored procedure

13. External Stored Procedure vs. SQL Stored Procedure