backup SQL 7 with NT backup

Post by Darre » Sun, 09 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I want to backup SQL 7 through NT 4.0 server using the AT scheduler.  I have
already created script to backup my exhange 5.5 and users files, but I need
to know the snytex to backup SQL 7 with script file.

Thanks for you help

Darren

backup SQL 7 with NT backup

Post by Itzik Ben-Ga » Sun, 09 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You use the same ntbackup.exe to backup the files that make the databases
(.mdf, .ndf, .ldf).
Just make sure you stop SQL Server before you start, and start it when you
are finished, so the files won't be locked:

NET STOP MSSQLServer
ntbackup...
NET START MSSQLServer

--
BG

Quote:> I want to backup SQL 7 through NT 4.0 server using the AT scheduler.  I
have
> already created script to backup my exhange 5.5 and users files, but I
need
> to know the snytex to backup SQL 7 with script file.

> Thanks for you help

> Darren

backup SQL 7 with NT backup

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

... or you could do online backup by executing ISQL.EXE/OSQL.EXE and pass
the SQL Server backup statement (BACKUP or DUMP, depending on version).

--
Tibor Karaszi
MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

> You use the same ntbackup.exe to backup the files that make the databases
> (.mdf, .ndf, .ldf).
> Just make sure you stop SQL Server before you start, and start it when you
> are finished, so the files won't be locked:

> NET STOP MSSQLServer
> ntbackup...
> NET START MSSQLServer

> --
> BG

> > I want to backup SQL 7 through NT 4.0 server using the AT scheduler.  I
> have
> > already created script to backup my exhange 5.5 and users files, but I
> need
> > to know the snytex to backup SQL 7 with script file.

> > Thanks for you help

> > Darren

1. Can Windows 2000 NT backup, perform a backup on SQL Server 2000?, pcumming

Can Windows 2000 NT backup, perform a backup on SQL Server 7/2000?,
pcumming

If we run the standard backup that comes with Windows 2000 will this
back up SQL Server in its entirety including tables, stored
procedures, jobs, users perhaps, etc???

Then what is the best way to restore all or part of the database?

I assume that if we have SharePoint Team Services or SharePoint Portal
Server then we must back up the Web Store as well using the VBS
command file.

Thanks for your feedback.
Sincerely
Peter

2. Informix versus AIX Mirroring

3. Relationship between NT backup and SQL Server backup???

4. SQL Query Question

5. SQL Backup -vs- NT Backup

6. How to convert VB dat files to excel?

7. Can Windows 2000 NT backup, perform a backup on SQL Server 7/2000?, pcumming

8. To restore old version of database.

9. NT Backup vs Backup Exec

10. Informix backup with Windows NT-Backup?

11. backup script to automate backup on NT

12. Backup of SQL 2K with Backup Exec 8.6 SQL agent