copying image data

Post by RP » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:23:25

Hello all,

I have a table with an id column and an image column. I need to write a
stored proc that copies data from 1 row (given the id) into a new row. Any
ideas where I could find some sample code? Image column could be more than 1
MB so writetext wouldnt work. Basically I would need to use updatetext
somehow, retrieve data from the given row in a buffer and write it to the
new row. any ideas?

thanks!

copying image data

Post by RP » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:09:31

I got it, updatetext in sql2k allows you to specify a source column! thanks!

Quote:> Hello all,