Migrating from MSSQL7 to MSSQL 2000

Post by Martin Larse » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:59:30

Hi,

I am going to transfer a database project from MSSQL7 to MSSQL 2000. Can
the newer database import the MSSQL7 project easily and without one
needing to change views and stored procedures etc?

Thanks in advance,
Martin Larsen

Migrating from MSSQL7 to MSSQL 2000

Post by BP Margoli » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 05:06:47

Martin,

You should have few, if any, problems migrating from SQL Server 7 to SQL
Server 2000. The section "Upgrading an Existing Installation of SQL Server"
(instsql.chm::/in_overview_2xtf.htm) in the SQL Server 2000 Books Online
discusses going from SS7 to SS2K

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Martin Larse » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:44:50

> You should have few, if any, problems migrating from SQL Server 7 to SQL
> Server 2000. The section "Upgrading an Existing Installation of SQL Server"
> (instsql.chm::/in_overview_2xtf.htm) in the SQL Server 2000 Books Online
> discusses going from SS7 to SS2K

Thank you the reply! I have now converted the database and you're right:
there were no problems!

Martin

1. dblogin fails when migrating to MSSQL 2000

Hello,

I have lately changed the server where my application was running from
a windows NT4/MSSQL7.0 to Windows 2000/MSSQL2000,

My application is made with visual c++.

Before the application was running fine, and it was accessing the
database without problems, now when I have migrated the application
sometimes fails when trying to log into the database.

I get the following error:
DB-LIBRARY error:
NULL DBPROCESS pointer encoutred.

The strange part of this case is that the problem occurs maybe 50% of
times the application connects to the database.

In an other hand I have a php application that is running on the same
server, same database, and didn't suffer from any problem.

Any help would be appretiated.

Ali Lakrakbi.

2. ADO & Relational Databridge

3. Drop table error in MSSQL 6.5 and MSSQL 2000

4. Web servers and concurrency?

5. Importing MSSQL 7 data into MSSQL 2000

6. Dropping a trigger

7. upgrade of MSSQL 6.5 to MSSQL 2000

8. OLE field - assignment problem with link

9. Upgrade MSSql 7 to MSSql 2000 question.

10. Migrating complete MSSQL7 database system to another server

11. Migrating blob data from MySQL to MSSQL7

12. Cannot migrate from access 2000 to SQL 2000

13. Migrating queries in Access 2000 to SQL Server 2000