bulk import error

Post by Peter Shirley-Quir » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:02:13

Frank you didn't mention that you'd enclosed the table specification in [].
Try [rms-prc]..audit_actions if that is your database name.

HTH
  Peter

> OK there were 2 errors: the filespec needs to be enclosed in
double-quotes,
> and the terminating ')' was missing from the WITH clause.  Also the data
> file needs to be on the actual server machine, even though I'm running
Query
> Analyzer on my local workstation.

> -Frank

> > I'm trying to bulk copy data from a text file into Sql2000.  When I
enter
> > the following into Sql2000 Query Analyzer:

> > bulk insert rms-prc..audit_actions
> > from d:\sqlserver\rms\import\EXP_AUDIT_ACTIONS.TXT
> > with (DATAFILETYPE = 'char',
> > FIELDTERMINATOR = '_',
> > ROWTERMINATOR = '\n'

> > I get the following error:

> > Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 1
> > Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '-'.

> > This is very confusing since there is no '-' character anywhere in my
> > statement.  What's the problem here?  Using bcp utility from commandline
> > gives the same error.

> > -Frank Brown
> > Seattle Fire Dept
> > http://www.inwa.net/~frog/

1. Bulk import error

Please help debug the error when executing the following
statement:

BULK INSERT CINGULAR_GL_IMPORT2
FROM 'd:\Bulk_File'
WITH (
FORMATFILE = 'd:\format_file_name'
, MAXERRORS = 10
)

-----------------------------
********* ERROR *********
-----------------------------
Server: Msg 7302, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Could not create an instance of OLE DB
provider 'BULKIMPORTSTREAM'.

thanks
Shelly

2. KGL locks/pins and killed sessions

3. Error when bulk insert follows another large bulk insert

4. executables

5. Export Data using DTS Import using BULK INSERT

6. D2-BDE-ODBC32-Oracle

7. Changing unicode collation, & bulk import

8. Cannot drop table

9. Bulk import

10. Bulk Task Import Failure

11. DTS Bulk Import

12. problem bulk importing an AS/400 flat file

13. import delimited text file w/o bulk insert or DTS