SQL 2000 DB size reporting

Post by Dharmesh Mistr » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 02:16:05

Anyone go a good script that reports on the size of all the DB's on a SQL
2000 box.
Would love to get something similar to dbcc sqlperf(logspace)

SQL 2000 DB size reporting

Post by Dinesh T » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 02:39:40

Dharmesh,

sp_helpdb

Dinesh.

Quote:> Anyone go a good script that reports on the size of all the DB's on a SQL
> 2000 box.
> Would love to get something similar to dbcc sqlperf(logspace)

> Thanks,

SQL 2000 DB size reporting

Post by Dharmesh Mistr » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 03:50:06

Sorry I didn't make it clear 'cos I got that one.

I need to get the DB file size and the % used. Any one got a script that
will do it for all DB's?

Thanks in advance,
Dharms.

> Dharmesh,

> sp_helpdb

> Dinesh.

> > Anyone go a good script that reports on the size of all the DB's on a
SQL
> > 2000 box.
> > Would love to get something similar to dbcc sqlperf(logspace)

> > Thanks,

SQL 2000 DB size reporting

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 04:04:14

How about using sp_MSforeachdb and sp_spaceused?

--
Andrew J. Kelly,  SQL Server MVP
TargitInteractive

> Sorry I didn't make it clear 'cos I got that one.

> I need to get the DB file size and the % used. Any one got a script that
> will do it for all DB's?

> Thanks in advance,
> Dharms.

> > Dharmesh,

> > sp_helpdb

> > Dinesh.

> > > Anyone go a good script that reports on the size of all the DB's on a
> SQL
> > > 2000 box.
> > > Would love to get something similar to dbcc sqlperf(logspace)

> > > Thanks,

SQL 2000 DB size reporting

Post by Dinesh T » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 04:14:45

Dharmesh ,

How about:

 sp_spaceused <databasename>

else,

DBCC showfilestats --undocumented
DBCC sqlperf(logspace)

Dinesh.

> Sorry I didn't make it clear 'cos I got that one.

> I need to get the DB file size and the % used. Any one got a script that
> will do it for all DB's?

> Thanks in advance,
> Dharms.

> > Dharmesh,

> > sp_helpdb

> > Dinesh.

> > > Anyone go a good script that reports on the size of all the DB's on a
> SQL
> > > 2000 box.
> > > Would love to get something similar to dbcc sqlperf(logspace)

> > > Thanks,

1. Technique/formula for DB Size estimation in MS SQL Server 2000

Mayan,

Few suggestions....

.Pls refer the section "Estimating the Size of a Table" or "Estimating the
Size of a database" in the sqlserver BooksOnLine(BOL)

.You can also refer "Inside Microsoft SQL Server 2000" by Kalen Delaney .
The accompanying CD
has a stored procedure by BP Margolin that takes a table schema and the
predicted
number of rows in the table and it returns a size estimate.

Dinesh.

2. Universal Installer - Installed Products File

3. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

4. Web Server Co-Location

5. call ACCESS 2000 report from SQL server 2000 without link table

6. SQL syntax errors?

7. Accessing reports in Access 2000 with SQL 2000 as Backend

8. BDE

9. VA-Oracle Team Leaders-Reports-$60-95K-SQL Developer 2000 Designer 2000