SQL Server 7.0 and NT Option Pack

Post by Cindy Isi » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 06:19:15

Hi. I'm currently setting up a Web Server and Database Server on 2 different
WinNT 4.0 Server machines.  On the instruction guide that I am following, It
says that I need both NT Option Pack and SQL Server 7.0 on the Database
Server.

My question is: which components of NT Option Pack should be installed on a
database server considering that another machine is already dedicated as Web
Server and that other machine already has the complete NT Option Pack.  Do I
need to install Microsoft Transaction Server on the database server in order
to use transactions?

Thanks a lot for the help,
Cindy

1. SQL Server SP3 / NT Option Pack

Does anyone know why SQL Server SP3 is "Strongly Reccommended" for the
installation of NT Option Pack ?? We are running on SP1 and don't want to
upgrade unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks
James R Jutras

2. exporting databases

3. SQL Server 7.0 Beta3 and NT Server Service Pack 4.0

4. do a 'mid' function against a string field?

5. SQL Server 7.0 on NT Server to SQL Server 7.0 on win2k Pro

6. jjjjjjjjjjj

7. text file import into Access

8. NT Service Pack 5 and SQL Server 7.0 issues

9. NT Service Pack 4 / Hotfix for SQL Server 7.0

10. NT option pack 4.0 and sql 6.5?