various Full Text questions

Post by CK Comb » Thu, 03 Aug 2000 04:00:00

My project is to create multiple tables with full-text indexes.  Eventually
we'd like to distribute the database via MSDE.  I've mostly got this process
*ed but for these questions.  And I've had no luck so far find the
answers elsewhere.  Any help would be appreciated.

1) Is Full Text Indexing included with MSDE?

2) I need to be able to edit the noise lists but am having trouble saving
them back to the config folder.  Do I just need to be an NT administrator on
the server?

3) I wanted to use a two column key as the unique index on these tables but
the Full Text Indexing Wizard rejected that, saying that I had to have a
unique single column index.  I'm having trouble finding that restriction in
the documentation... any hints on where to look for that and other
limitations?

thanks,
CK Combs, newbie SQL programmer

1. Various Full Text Indexing Questions

My project is to create multiple tables with full-text indexes.  Eventually
we'd like to distribute the database via MSDE.  I've mostly got this process
licked but for these questions.  And I've had no luck so far find the
answers elsewhere.  Any help would be appreciated.

1) Is Full Text Indexing included with MSDE?
2) I need to be able to edit the noise lists but am having trouble saving
them back to the config folder.  Do I just need to be an NT administrator on
the server?
3) I wanted to use a two column key as the unique index on these tables but
the Full Text Indexing Wizard rejected that, saying that I had to have a
unique single column index.  I'm having trouble finding that restriction in
the documentation... any hints on where to look for that and other
limitations?

thanks,
CK Combs, newbie SQL programmer

2. TX-HOUSTON-93880--DBA Skills-ORACLE-ORACLE DBA

3. Scheduled full-text incremental population for full-text catalog

4. Wanted: Developers & Consultants

5. Msg 7105 - How do I fix it?

6. full text indexing question

7. RQBE and joins between 3 tables

8. SQLserver 7.0 Full Text Index question

9. A simple full-text question (hopefully)

10. Full Text Beginner Question

11. full-text indexing questions

12. full text catalog question - help a newbie!