@@ROWCOUNT value when using INTEAD OF trigger for update (2000)

Post by Ramo » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 02:24:04

Hi all!
I'm using SQL Server 2000 and INSTEAD OF Trigger for update.

trigger executes.

The result is that ODBC throws en exception and rolls back the action.

When I'm using ADO it works fine only when I use adUseClient cursor location
on the connection.

I really need it to work with ODBC but my experience in ODBC is little.

I cant find a way to fix this in SQL Server or in ODBC API

-----------------------------
P L E A S E    H E L P
------------------------------
Thank

Ramon Chemel

1. Trigger to Update Field using existing record values

I need to write an insert trigger that updates a field by combining the
values of two other fields in the same record:

For example:
FNAME           LNAME           FULLNAME
David           Sweeney

When the above record is inserted, I want a trigger to automatically
concatenate the first and last names with a space in the middle to one
string and update the FULLNAME field.  All fields are strings.

HELP!

David Sweeney
Texas A&M University

2. DTS Wizard Error

3. changing the updated values using a trigger

4. pgsql/src/backend/commands sequence.c user.c

5. using Triggers to update table value after insert

6. Programer position in Bucyrus Ohio

7. Update trigger: @@rowcount and count(*) from inserted mismatch

8. adodc

9. Question about Using SET ROWCOUNT on delete that fires triggers

10. problem with trigger using @@rowcount

11. update trigger > reuse values in update clause

12. Using rowcount to update/delete chunks of data..

13. Trigger and Column Value / Using a NET SEND in a Trigger