SQL Server Stored Procedures from ASP

Post by Dave Verwe » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a stored procedure in a SQL Server 7 database that takes a parameter
of type "text" to insert into a text field in my database.

My problem is, what data type (adVarchar, adInteger etc) to use when
creating the parameter object in VBScript.

for example;
  set prmTest = cmdTest.CreateParameter("Description", adXXXXXXXX,
adParamInput, 0, sDescription)

What constant should I use for adXXXXXXX?

I have tried all the obvious ones (adBSTR, adVarChar etc) but only get error
messages telling me they are the wrong type :(

Thanks in advance
Dave

1. Problems calling MS SQL Server Stored Procedures from ASP

I am trying to execute a MS SQL Server stored procedure through an asp
file.
The stored procedure has a batch of SQL statements including cursor
manipulations.
This sp is executing properly in isql but when I call this from the asp
file it is giving the following error :

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e78'
Invalid operation on closed object.

(Note : Any other SQL statement is executing properly using the same
connection object.)

Anybody can help ?

2. using TCP/IP connect to named instance

3. working width sql server stored procedure via ASP

4. HELP - Datetime format problem !

5. How do you pass parameters from a SQL Server Stored Procedure to an ASP file

6. Set server in Singel User Mode

7. Stored Procedure Problem in SQL Server 7.0 with ASP.NET

8. Passing XML to SQL Server 2000 stored procedure through ASP

9. ASP and SQL Server Store Procedure

10. Calling Stored Procedure that calls Stored Procedure in ASP

11. Calling Oracle Stored Procedure from within SQL Server Stored Procedure