Microfocus cobol and sql server 7.0

Post by Lou de Freita » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Is there a version of Microfocus COBOL that can work with SQL Server 7.0?

And if there is, what is the name and how well does it work?

Lou d.

Post by Peter F. Goddar » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Is there a version of Microfocus COBOL that can work with SQL Server
> 7.0?

> And if there is, what is the name and how well does it work?

> Lou d.

   It works on NetExpress,  MicroFocus' new compiler.

I used our standard stuff,  written for 6.5 and an older version of MF,
and had to change it some.  We were creating the database in the
program,  but I haven't been able to make that work.

I like it.

pfg

1. Microfocus COBOL using SQL Server 7.0

I need to know if anyone is using a Microfocus COBOL product like Net
Express with embedded SQL that will interact with Microsoft SQL Server 7.0?
I called Microfocus and they indicated that this product should have no
problem interfacing with the SQL Server 7.0 database.  They also said that
SQL Server 7.0 will provide a pre-compile routine similar to that of Oracle
(Pro-Cobol).  Is this true?

Any info would be great!

Lou d.

2. Web startup needs full-time/consultant guru

3. OH-COLUMBUS-105676--COBOL (Microfocus)-ORACLE-SQL-DB2-PL/SQL-Microfocus/Cobol Programmer

4. *** PARADOX question on table manipulation

5. Re-size Transaction Log File Size

6. "Oracle8i Concepts 8.1.5" in Russian.

7. SQL Server with COBOL Microfocus

8. Conencting to SQl server from Microfocus COBOL

9. 16558-IN-Rushville-FOCUS-COBOL-UNIX-ORACLE-Micro-MicroFocus Cobol Development