Analysis Services: Unable to connect to Registry on Server

Analysis Services: Unable to connect to Registry on Server

Post by Simo » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:26:04

Just installed Analysis Servises on my XP machine and
initially had no problems connecting to the Analysis
Server (on the same local machine)but now a few days
later I get the error message:
"Unable to connect to the registry on the server or you
are not a member of the OLAP administrators group on this
server".

Initially this was fixed by rebooting the machine several
times until it connected, but now it only seems to work
the first time after a reinstallation of Analysis
services.

I would greatly appreciate any advice
Thanks

Analysis Services: Unable to connect to Registry on Server

Post by linda deng[M » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:15:52

Hi Simon,

        In order to run SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services on Windows XP
Professional, you need SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services Service Pack 1
(SP1) or a later version.  Please refer to
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307365 for more
information.
        If the version is already 8.0.382 or higher, check permissions under the
registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLAP Server. The OLAP
Administrators group should have both Full Control and Read permissions on
that key and all of the subkeys.

        This message is typically seen when the OLAP repository is in the Access
database (..\Microsoft Analysis Services\bin\msmdrep.mdb). You should make
sure that the OLAP Administrator has the permissions to this directory \bin
to access the share file. You can check this by:
a.      Ask the customer to directly connect to this share from the client
machine
b.      Check the share permissions
c.      The share should include the local 'Administrators' group and the local
'OLAP administrators' group which have full control on the share.

        If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Support Engineer

1. Analysis Services - Unable to connect tol the registry on the server

Hi,

I am using DSO via interop.
I am running Sqlserver 2k sp2 and Analysis server 8.0 sp2

I have added the IUSER_SERVERNAME to the local OLAP administrator's group.
When I try to connect I get the following error.

My code
dsoServer.Connect("LocalHost")
Error - "Unable to connect to the registry on the server(MyServerName), or
you are not a member of the OLAP administrators group on this server.

I am using Anonymous access, and my Windows.GetCurrent users shows the IUSER

Please help. I have tried giving IUSER permissions to the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLAP Server and also ensured that OLAP
administrators has permissions to this share (..\Microsoft Analysis
Services\bin\msmdrep.mdb).  per your prior post.

 I really don't know what to do next.

Thank you..
Rashi

2. errors with runInstaller on redhat 6.2

3. Unable to connect to the registry of the Analysis Server

4. Problem with UTL_FILE in NT40 Environment

5. unable to connect to the registry on the server

6. Q: Field dinamically calculated with subqueries and CASE

7. Unable to connect to registry on server

8. Analysis Services. SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services

9. Unable to register server in Analysis service

10. Analysis manager connecting to Analysis Services takes forever

11. Unable to connect to Analysis Server