Timeout Expired

Post by Naru Mangala » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:11:51

I am trying to opoen a view from Enterprise Mgr to display all rows,
but I am getting the following error:

[Microdoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

I can run the query against small amount of data. But gives the above
error with bigger tables.

I can however run the query on big tables from Query Analyzer without
any problems.

Online book asks me to go to Tools-Options and set the SQL Query
timeout value as below:
"To increase the SQL Query Time-out value

From the Tools menu, choose Options.
In the left pane, click Data Tools, and then click Data View.
Type a new value in the SQL query time-out box."

But I cannot see any Data Tools button.

I am running Sql Server 7.

Any help is greately appreciated

Naru Mangalath

Timeout Expired

Post by oj » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:14:16

1. open enterprise manager
2. select "tools" menu
3. select "options"
4. select "advance" tab
5. increase default time-out for login

-oj

Quote:> I am trying to opoen a view from Enterprise Mgr to display all rows,
> but I am getting the following error:

> [Microdoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

> I can run the query against small amount of data. But gives the above
> error with bigger tables.

> I can however run the query on big tables from Query Analyzer without
> any problems.

> Online book asks me to go to Tools-Options and set the SQL Query
> timeout value as below:
> "To increase the SQL Query Time-out value

> From the Tools menu, choose Options.
> In the left pane, click Data Tools, and then click Data View.
> Type a new value in the SQL query time-out box."

> But I cannot see any Data Tools button.

> I am running Sql Server 7.

> Any help is greately appreciated

> Naru Mangalath

1. [OBDC SQL Server Driver][Timeout Expired] - How to reconfigure the timeout

When running a query on a very large database, I receive this error after
30-50 seconds:
[Microsoft][OBDC SQL Server Driver][Timeout Expired]

We are using NT and 98. I receive this error message running the queries on
the client and the server. We just switched over from Access 97, which was
unable to handle the amount of data. Using Access 97 ODBC pass-through
queries, we recevied a similar error message, but it was a simple fix -
select properties and change the timeout.

This doesn't happen with queries that return only a small number of rows.
The queries I am receiving the error message on are attempting to return 7-8
million rows.

The default timeout setting is 10 minutes, and so far that is the only
setting I can find.

I appreciate any help on this matter!

2. Brequest 7.0 to access engine 6.10

3. timeout expired and/or PCAnywhere hangs???

4. error while testing php-1.99 on postgres95

5. TIMEOUT EXPIRED

6. Your openings

7. ODBC SQL Server Driver: Timeout Expired (80040e31)

8. CPU activity monitoring

9. timeout expired!!!

10. Timeout Expired Error w/ SQL 7

11. ?Timeout expired