Looking for SQL Performance Tunning Quick Reference for 6.5

Looking for SQL Performance Tunning Quick Reference for 6.5

Post by Santheep Sing » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi I am looking for the above file. Have chaeck various pleaces. Need it
urgently. Would appreaciate any help in locating this file. Thanks.
(Please email also)

Looking for SQL Performance Tunning Quick Reference for 6.5

Post by Neil Pik » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Santheep - that exact title doesn't ring a bell.  Are you talking about one of
the MS SQL whitepapers?  They're all on the MS site..

Quote:> Hi I am looking for the above file. Have chaeck various pleaces. Need it
> urgently. Would appreaciate any help in locating this file. Thanks.
> (Please email also)

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (412 entries) see

http://forumsb.compuserve.com/vlforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

Looking for SQL Performance Tunning Quick Reference for 6.5

Post by Kalen Delane » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Compaq had a great whitepaper on tuning SQL 6.5, available from the compaq
site. www.compaq.com
Go to the site and choose Search, then look for SQL Server 6.5 Configuration
and Tuning

HTH
--
Kalen Delaney
MCSE, SQL Server MCT, MVP

Quote:> Hi I am looking for the above file. Have chaeck various pleaces. Need it
> urgently. Would appreaciate any help in locating this file. Thanks.
> (Please email also)

1. Top 5 quick win performance improvements for 6.5

Hi,

What are the top 5 "quick win" performance improvement tweaks to the
configuration for SQL Server 6.5 sp5a ?

We've just reloaded our data onto a new server, same spec as the old server
but with a little more memory, but SQL Server is running slower than before.
I've rebuilt all the indices, it's running as a high priority service, it's
got as much memory as is sensible leaving NT about 80MB which is still about
30MB more than it had before.  Some queries that previously took less than
one second are now taking over 10 seconds.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

2. ADO Events with VC++ passing bad Connection pointer to ConnectComplete and Disconnect methods

3. sql 6.5 tunning

4. Adobe Illustrator files in FM container fields

5. SQL 6.5 Performance vs SQL 7.0 Performance

6. Delphi and Access - Setting ODBC Drivers

7. SQL Server 7.0 performance tunning books and articles

8. Accessing different databases using Informix SE 4.10

9. Performance tunning in SQL Server 7.0

10. Transact-SQL tutorial or Quick Reference

11. PL/SQL Quick Reference

12. SQL Quick Reference Guide