change from integrated security to nt only security

change from integrated security to nt only security

Post by J » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On my sql 7 server with sp2 I have setup integrated security.
Is it possible to go to NT only security?

TIA

change from integrated security to nt only security

Post by Lin Joyne » Tue, 13 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Providing all your users have NT logins and the appropriate rights to access
SQL via them, then there shouldn't be any problem.

Quote:> On my sql 7 server with sp2 I have setup integrated security.
> Is it possible to go to NT only security?

> TIA

change from integrated security to nt only security

Post by Neil Pik » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

 J - these are the same thing....

 > On my sql 7 server with sp2 I have setup integrated security.

Quote:> Is it possible to go to NT only security?

> TIA

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (428 entries) see
 forumsb.compuserve.com/gvforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps (sqlfaq.zip - L7
- SQL Public)
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 or www.sql-server.co.uk
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

change from integrated security to nt only security

Post by J » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Sorry
Yes I have Mixed security, Sql and NT.

I did go to the security tab of the server properties and changed it
to NT only.

It worked for me but not for my other users. I have admin rights. They
don't.

We are running sql 7 as a back end and something called
Tier as the front end.

When I changed everything to NT security the other users
got error messages about not having rights to see tables or change tables or
access tables.

So I had to change everything back to Mixed security.

One of the problems we are having with Mixed securtiy is we can't get in
using ODBC unless we use the SA login.

The same goes for using Seagate Analysis, which is a free cut down version
of Crystal Reports.

I worry about giving out the SA login. I don't want to have someone
accidently change something they shouldn't.

Thank you.