Multiserver Administration

Post by Darrel » Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:18:03

Has anybody used the Multiserver Administration process
for managing multiple servers.  I'm thinking of creating a
master server as opposed to creating an administrative db
for each server. I'm having a tough time finding any pro's
and or con's in my research.  Any prior experience with
this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Darrell

Post by Darrel » Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:17:59

Has anybody used the Multiserver Administration process
for managing multiple servers.  I'm thinking of creating a
master server as opposed to creating an administrative db
for each server. I'm having a tough time finding any pro's
and or con's in my research.  Any prior experience with
this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Darrell

1. MultiServer Administration On Clustered Servers

I am wondering if you can set up MultiServer
Administration between a non clustered SQL Server 7.0 SP3
and a clustered SQL Server 7.0 SP3.

The reason I have doubts is that when I started the set up
wizard and was at the point to click Finish there was a
task the wizard was going to perform that it hadn't done
when setting up MultiServer Administration between non
clustered servers.  It was going to start the SQL Server
Agent.  This agent is not running in our clustered
environment because virtual SQL Server Agents are running.

Is there a way to set this up without risking a problem
with our cluser environment?

2. Finding sizes of objects

3. Multiserver Administration (MSX)

4. postgres

5. Multiserver Administration

6. Advanced Pick for Dos

7. Multiserver Administration (MSX)

8. ASP -> ODBC -> SQL problem

9. Multiserver Administration

10. Multiserver Administration Question

11. Universe SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION/DATABASE ADMINISTRATION training

12. VA-Arlington-249483--Network Administration-Systems Administration-Web Applicati

13. Can't setup multiserver admin (MSX/TSX)