Slow slow slow from an ASP

Post by Jason Hobb » Sat, 22 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I had a beautiful ASP/SQL deal goin' on when I served the ASP from the same
machine as SQL server was installed on, but now I've relocated the ASP to a
stand-alone web server, it takes forever for SQL queries to run.... What's
the deal? any ideas? anybody run across the same problems?

        I can't figure it out... I'm using the same code and connection method as
before, but sometimes, the script is timing out, when there are only about
40 rows to return. The query runs fine on the SQL server, and the Web
server can ping and connect to SQL with no problems, and fast.... so I
can't think why it's working so slowly... can someone help me? PLEASE?

1. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

Hi,

doing a simple insert into an SQL Server database from Visual Basic
takes a long time (about 1 second for 1 insert).

The ODBC driver is version 2.65.0236

The insert is done as follows:

sql = "insert into table (x,y) values (a,b)"

db.execute sql, dbSQLPassThrough

Anyone knows how to speed things up?

Thanks,

Marc Croymans

2. Dimensions on MS-SQL

3. Unique Index gets slower and slower and slower for inserts

4. create user for all databases

5. Slow, slow, slow DDEs

6. initial and next extents

7. DB Getting Slower and Slower and Slower....

8. select not equal values?

9. Why does my BCP Load run slower, and slower, and slower

10. PDOXWIN5 Slow (slower than slow)

11. Slow, slow, slow search on VB6, ADO and SS7

12. Query getting slower and slower...