syscomments corrupt

Post by rbaile » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have three SQL servers and have had the syscomments table become corrupt
on all of them.  Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know what may
cause it?  Runnibg a DBCC will not fix the problem.  Any suggestions?

syscomments corrupt

Post by Mark McCorkindal » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Here's a shot in the dark.... I would try to match the dates/times of the
corruptions being detected to the crdate of stored procedures in sysobjects.
*Maybe* there's a series of characters in a user-supplied stored procedure
that showed up a bug in SQL Server.

--
Mark McCorkindale
MCSE, OCP

>I have three SQL servers and have had the syscomments table become corrupt
>on all of them.  Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know what may
>cause it?  Runnibg a DBCC will not fix the problem.  Any suggestions?

1. Syscomments Corrupt

Thanks for your input Mark.  The stored procedures didn't have anything
changed or added when the corruption took place.
If anyone has any idea why this is happening please help.

Raymond Bailey
MCP
MetaCorp Stratagies Intl.

2. Working with netu table

3. Data Warehouse Corrupt but not Corrupt?

5. proc text from syscomments?

6. ANN: SQLDirect 2.2 - native Delphi link for MS SQLServer ...

7. Retrieving T-SQL code from syscomments

8. Import data from ms access into informix ids.2000.

9. syscomments in SQL Server 7.0

10. syscomments (Standards)

11. Found rows longer than 8060 bytes in syscomments

12. Syscomments question

13. SYSCOMMENTS table size limitation