1. Error 15023 User or Role 'user1' already exists in the current database
I have just upgraded my sql server 7 from 120 day eval to full version. I
used the method that is most often quoted here in this newsgroup (from Neil
Pike's NT faq I believe) except I didn't create scripts for the user logins
( I only have 1 user login besides the sa, so I figured I could skip that
part, and recreate the user by hand. I may have been wrong.).
Now I can go into Security|Logins|New Login and create a login that has the
same name as the login I was using in the eval version using SQL server
authentication. But, if I try to modify the permissions or roles from the
Database Access tab of the New Login window, or from the database's
Users|Add New User if I try to add the login as a user, I get the error
"Error 15023: User or role 'user1' already exists in the current database."
If I delete the user and login from the system, I still see the user 'User1'
listed as a member of the public role for the database. That is the only
reference to the login/user/role I can still find on the system. So I
suspect that this is the area generating the error. However, it appears
that you cannot remove a user from the public role, even if the user doesn't
What have I done to myself here?
Any help greatly appreciated.
3. Error 15023: User or role already exists in the current database
5. Error 15023: User or Role already exists in the current database
6. Easiest way to reset an AutoNum to 0
7. Adding User 'already exists'?
9. Userr or role already exists in the current database
10. user already exists but it dosen't
11. logical device 'master' already exists
12. 'subscription already exists' error
13. Error 16915 - Cursor 'cursor_name' already exists