Help - SQL Server 2000 Client Problem?

Post by [MS] Eric Ya » Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:41:51

Dear Nancy,

Please check the following:
1.      Can you ping the local SQL Server successfully?
2.      Use ??telnet <sql_ip> 1433? to verify if the local SQL Server is
listening the TCP port.
3.      If you use named pipes, change to TCP/IP and try. (You need to check the
local SQL Server authentication mode)

Sincerely,

Eric Yang [MS]
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This is our online
account name for newsgroup participation only.
This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

1. Help - SQL Server 2000 Client Problem?

Hi Nancy,

Before we go any further, I would like to confirm some details with you. Is
the 'local' server you have mentioned on the same machine with your client?
If you cannot use 'local' as the server name to register the server, you
can try to utilize '.' to specify the server and register it. Or, you use
the server name directly to register the server (right click 'My computer',
select 'Properties', click 'Network Identification' tab and get the server
name).

If the server is not on the same machine with your client, please check the
network between your client and the server. Can you ping the server? Please
change the Net-Library protocol from Named Pipes to TCP/IP and try again.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Support Engineer

2. SP3 Analysis services silent setup

3. Can connect to SQL 2000 server from 7.0 client, not from 2000 client

4. Access Violation error on NT4 during DAO read of Access 2.0 table

5. Problem connecting to different versions of SQL server from SQL 2000 client

6. Q:About Printing

7. HELP: SQL Server 2000 Enterprise client and SQL 7

8. Creating A Back Button

9. Appropriate forum for Access 2000 - MS SQL Server 2000 client-server queries

10. MDAC Installation problems - Trying to install only SQL SERVER 2000 Client Tools

11. Terminal Server problem & SQL 2000 client tools

12. Connection problem: Access 2000 Win95/98 Client to Win98 SQL Server 7.0 database

13. Problem installing SQL Server 2000 Client Tools