How to install only Enterprise Manager for Remote Config

How to install only Enterprise Manager for Remote Config

Post by Gavin Joll » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 09:42:11

I have a website written by a contractor. Now it is running I can tweak it a
bit but need to use Enterprise Manager to alter the data structure.

The ISP runs SQLServer 2000. I have purchased trial CD's of SQLServer2000
which I assume has Enterprise Manager on it.

How can I install ONLY Enterprise Manager, I dont need or want SQLServer on
my personal PC.

--

Gavin Jolly

[Remove laughing from address]

How to install only Enterprise Manager for Remote Config

Post by Gavin Joll » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 09:45:37

I forgot to mention I am runnung Windows 98.

--

Gavin Jolly

[Remove laughing from address]

> I have a website written by a contractor. Now it is running I can tweak it
> bit but need to use Enterprise Manager to alter the data structure.

> The ISP runs SQLServer 2000. I have purchased trial CD's of SQLServer2000
> which I assume has Enterprise Manager on it.

> How can I install ONLY Enterprise Manager, I dont need or want SQLServer
on
> my personal PC.

> --

> Gavin Jolly

> [Remove laughing from address]

How to install only Enterprise Manager for Remote Config

Post by Alex Li » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 11:42:15

On select component of SQL Server installation, choose
install client tool only. Then you will get enterprise
manager without SQL Server database in your personal PC.

Alex Lim
Avanade Malaysia

message

>> I have a website written by a contractor. Now it is

running I can tweak it
Quote:>a
>> bit but need to use Enterprise Manager to alter the
data structure.

>> The ISP runs SQLServer 2000. I have purchased trial

CD's of SQLServer2000
>> which I assume has Enterprise Manager on it.

>> How can I install ONLY Enterprise Manager, I dont need
or want SQLServer
>on
>> my personal PC.

>> --

>> Gavin Jolly

>> [Remove laughing from address]

>.

How to install only Enterprise Manager for Remote Config

Post by Jean Zhang [M » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 09:09:09

Hi Gavin,

Alex has provided answer for your question.

Hope this helps

Regards
Jean Zhang
Microsoft SQL Server Support

Of course, this posting wouldn't be complete without a nice, juicy
disclaimer from our lawyers:  This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.