WebHosting HELP!

Post by Felix Leun » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am doing the research of creating a webhosting
business in Hong Kong using NT. Some problems
I encountered during my testing. Please help me
out of these things.

1.) I don't know what type of email server software
will do the job for email hosting, I did try to use
MS exchange, but it is not as good as I though. Any
suggestions about what type of software market will
usually use for web hosting under NT platform? And
do I need to create individual accounts for each email
address under NT? If this is the case, what type of user
I should assign to the email account users, is it
Domain user will be fine?

2.) The Virtual Hosting thing driving me crazy.... Multi
Domain Names in one computer with one IP address
is most webhosting company will do, but I have no
idea how the Domain Name know which location they
should get the Web content in one IP address, are they
using different port number to distingish each other?
I am using IIS4. If this is the case, how I can setup
under DNS Server? Do I set A record for the same
IP under every Domain Name that I host?

3.) FTP things have been resolved.

4.) MSSQL is another chooice for client to use in
my web hosting site. I have experience on installing
, developing, implementing, and supporting SQL server,
but I have no idea what minimum access to give to
my clients to let them have to ability to manage the
SQL database. What I am thinking about the step to
do so is:
1.) Create database named ex.ABC from hosting side.
2.) Assign the NT account attached to it, let say Ken and Sean.
3.) Give the permission to both of them have database owner.
4.) Give the IP address of my SQL Server to them.
5.) Then they use their SQL server software to connect to my
SQL server using the provided IP.
6.) Setting up the ODBC
7.) Done.
Is it this is the perfect method of doing SQL hosting?
Please Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

Best Regards,

--
Felix Leung
Intelliweb Internet Consultant Co.

1. WebHosting HELP!

[...]

2. Form / VB Solution HELP Urgent

3. Connectivity method - what is BEST

4. WebHosting HELP

5. how to do this in sql, efficiently?

6. WebHosting MSSQL Help!

7. Error 2610 and 2533-Index corrupt

8. WebHosting MSSQL, Help!

9. WebHosting MSSQL Help!

10. Webhosting ISP in Northern Cal?

11. Get 100% Free domain and Webhosting !!