Error 8198 on Win2K

Post by Jeff Pine » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Our "Distribution Cleanup" and "Replication agents checkup" jobs (default
schedule of once every 10 minutes) are failing once or twice a day with an
8198 error.  There is nothing in BOL on this error except the text of the
error message.

There are 2 KB articles:
Q233161 = Bug 55139, when the NT local or global group name = domain name.
Q241643 = Bug 56472, which says to upgrade to Windows 2000.

The username is not the same as the domain name and the problem only started
to show up AFTER we upgraded to Windows 2000.

Does anyone know of any other cases where the 8198 occurs, or how to get
around it?  Based on Microsoft's own recommendation we would prefer not to
run the jobs under the sa account, but will resort to that if needed.
Thanks!

Jeff Pines
Viaticus, Inc.

1. Help - Error 8198

Hi

  I'm getting the following error when trying to backup the msdb
database

The job failed.  Unable to determine if the owner (24484-
HOMECARE\Administrator) of job msdb Daily backup has server  access
(reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT  group/user
'24484- HOMECARE\Administrator'. [SQLSTATE  42000] (Error 8198)).

The administrator group , of which this userid is a member is in the
sys admin role. Any ideas?

Tia

Nick

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Web server access to a database

3. DTS scheduling problem: Error 8198

4. Lisa asks: What does your Company use for N-Tier architectures

5. Error 8198 creating subscription

6. Can't seem to gain access to my server

7. SQLServer Error: 8198, Could not obtain information

8. Fill a global container?

9. Error 8198 when trying to establish pull subscription

10. Error: 8198

11. SQL error 8198

12. SQLSTATE 42000 Error 8198

13. SQL error 8198