Full-Text Search Engine (Native & Options)

Full-Text Search Engine (Native & Options)

Post by Ryan D. Murph » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hello everyone,
I am in need of some insight concerning the full-text search functions and
features in SQL Server 7.0.  I need to be able to search across (roughly)
90% of my database for an occurrence of a word or groups of words using
Boolean criteria.  The good news is that the DB size is only approximately
150MB containing on average 100,000 records which span 50 well normalized
tables.  The bad news is that most of the fields contain text data that
maintain descriptions of products and are therefore very large.  To compound
my predicament, my best guess estimates (based on current utilization) are
that between 90,000 and 100,000 individual queries will be performed against
our data every day.  My question is, can the Native Full-Text search
features of SQL Server 7.0 handle this type of abuse and other than SQL
Server's native functionality, what are my 3rd party vendor options?

Sincerely,
Ryan

1. Full-Text Search Engine (Native & Options)

[...]

2. NEWBIE: DB Relationships

3. Configuring MS Search Engine or Full Text Indexing

4. Double-Take v Octopus

5. SQL 7.0 and Full Text Search Engine

6. Database performace problems

7. full text search engine

8. How to format currency?

9. Full Text search engine - How does it work?

10. SQL 7.0 and Full Text-Search Engine

11. setup error in MS Full-Text Search Engine package failed

12. setup sql server 2000 error in MS Full-Text Search Engine package

13. Configuring MS Search Engine or Full Text Indexing