How to revert back from SQL 6.5 SP5 to SQL 6.5 SP4

How to revert back from SQL 6.5 SP5 to SQL 6.5 SP4

Post by Luigi Zenadocchi » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

We encountered some incompatibility issues with one of our software and I
need to revert back to SQL SP4.

Could you tell me how ??

Luigi

How to revert back from SQL 6.5 SP5 to SQL 6.5 SP4

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Subject: How to revert back from SQL 6.5 SP5 to SQL 6.5 SP4

Q.     How can I un-install a SQL Server servicepack and go back to the
original version?
(v1.1 1999.10.28)

A.   Check the readme.txt that came with the sp.  Some come with un-install
instructions - in which case follow them.

If there are no instructions then just replace the updated .exe's and .dll's
with the previous ones.

For 6.5 SP5a back to SP4 there is a kb article at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q216/4/21.ASP
 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (406 entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

How to revert back from SQL 6.5 SP5 to SQL 6.5 SP4

Post by Kevin Connel » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Neil, isn't your second idea  a little misleading?  SQL Service packs usually
include a *load* of SQL scripts that get run.  Just replacing the .EXE and .DLL
files wouldn't seem to constitute a true roll back.

Kevin Connell
Not an MVP.

> > Subject: How to revert back from SQL 6.5 SP5 to SQL 6.5 SP4

> Q.     How can I un-install a SQL Server servicepack and go back to the
> original version?
> (v1.1 1999.10.28)

> A.   Check the readme.txt that came with the sp.  Some come with un-install
> instructions - in which case follow them.

> If there are no instructions then just replace the updated .exe's and .dll's
> with the previous ones.

> For 6.5 SP5a back to SP4 there is a kb article at
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q216/4/21.ASP
>  Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
>  (Please reply only to newsgroups)
>  SQL FAQ (406 entries) see

>  or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
>  or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

How to revert back from SQL 6.5 SP5 to SQL 6.5 SP4

Post by Neil Pik » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

 Kevin - yes, but I've yet to encounter a case where having old .exe's and new
SQL sp's actually causes a problem.  But I will expand the FAQ article.

 > Neil, isn't your second idea  a little misleading?  SQL Service packs usually

Quote:> include a *load* of SQL scripts that get run.  Just replacing the .EXE and .DLL

http://forumsb.compuserve.com/vlforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

1. SQL Server 6.5 SP4 / SP5 compatibility problems

I am facing the following problem. When I try and run a remote stored procedure on a SQL Server 6.5 with service pack 4 from a SQL Server 6.5 with SP5 I receive the following error message.

(ODBC - 18482) - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Unable to connect to site '0' because '' is not defined as a remote server at the site.

Needless to say I have checked the Sysservers tables and Remote Server settings on both machines and they match.

Please, if you've got the same problem and know the solution. LET ME KNOW!!

Thanks
RL

--Posted from EarthWeb Discussions. http://discussions.earthweb.com

2. migrating old dos application using btrieve 5.1 over to NT Server 4.0

3. HELP - unable to install SP4 or SP5 for SQL 6.5

4. Fulltext service OK on one node and failed on the other

5. HELP-unable to install SP4 or SP5 on SQL 6.5

6. CRecordSet Edit() Problem Solved.

7. Network problem with SQL 6.5 SP5 and NT Server 4.0 SP4

8. catching error messages in stored procs

9. Which order: NT SP4, MDAC 2.1, SQL 6.5 SP5

10. NTS 3.51,SP4/SQL 6.5,SP1 to NTS 4.0/SQL 6.5,SP1

11. Updating NT4.0 SP3 to SP5 with SQL Server 6.5 SP5

12. Revert from SQL 7 to SQL 6.5

13. Reverting back to 6.5 from 7.0