Network Packet Size Meaning

Post by Brian Mora » Tue, 11 Mar 1997 04:00:00

<<
We already have done the db-library client configuration part and it works.
But anyone knows what will happen if I change the Network Packet Size on
the server.

The server setting takes effect if the client doens't explicitly ask for a
specific packet size. The client request will override anything set on the
server.

--
Brian Moran
Spectrum Technology Group

Quote:> Hi, I hope someone can help me with the following problem:

> We are developing software with Visual Basic 3.0 and SQLServer 6.5. We
use
> DB-Library to get the connection between them.

> We just can have 5 connections per workstation because the Network packet
> size on the server. In SQL 6.5 the default value is 4096 against 512 that
> was the default in SQL 6.0.

> We have search in DB-Library documentation and saids that the only way we
> can increase our connections is modifying this value in the db-library
> client or changing the network packet size on the server.

> We already have done the db-library client configuration part and it
works.
> But anyone knows what will happen if I change the Network Packet Size on
> the server.

> Thanks in Advance

>                    Alex.

1. network packet size on Wide area network

Hi Everybody,

   I would like to increase the performance of the sql server on a wide
area network.
I would like to know, by increasing the network packet size in the
sp_configure parameter will increase the performance on wide area
network. Can you tell me any other information in order to increase the
performance on wide area network.

Thanks in Advance

Nataraj

2. Move in LisBox by changing record pointer

3. Network Packet Size

4. Change &quot;sa&quot; password

5. Newbie Question: Detecting connection with SQL server with ASP Error object

6. default network packet size

7. Apostrophes

8. network packet size

9. Suggestion on network packet size