Design and New table and query

Post by Ray Cheesema » Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:48:39

Problem:

The problem is with MS Access 2000. The problem occurs when I create an .adp
using MSDE  A connection is made to the MSDE. The tables and Views can be
Opened. But the Design and New for a Table or a View does not work. Select a
table and press Design and it flicks and nothing happens.Both commands
worked when MS Access and MSDE were initially installed. The MS Access and
MSDE systems are on a standalone Windows 98 operating system.
 I have tried a Repairs MS Access and  a Reinstall MS Access. They do not
change the situation. I have also perused Microsoft's FAQs and not found a
solution.

The Blue Charger
Phone:  08 9309 1528    Mobile:  0411 350 587   Email

1. Query using UDF joined to a sub query vs Temp Table to sub Query

I have a simple query question.  Currently I have a query that joins a UDF that returns a table to a sub query of a number of secondary tables.  This query seems to run forever, but if I dump the results of the udf into a temp table and use joined to the sub query the results are as expected.  Can anyone shed some light onto why?  Also is it possible to use the UDF in this manner with possible join hints to get the query return time I'm looking for?

2. incrementing a text vaule

3. DESIGN: Should SQL table design mirror OO design?

4. How can I add a record ?

5. DTS: Using table from Source and table from Destination to create new table in Destination

6. TeamSys introduces PsSearch

7. CREATE TABLE or Import results in new table being flagged as SYSTEM table

8. table corrupt..

9. Redirecting output of a query in a new table

10. Applying query to new table

11. new table design

12. New table is read-only in Query Analyzer

13. Simple query/ table design question