16 bit ODBC, Netware, SQLServer 2000

Post by idrivef.. » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am having a problem getting my Win9x machines to attach to the
SQLServer.

All the Win9x machine log into a Netware 4.x server. When I try to
attach to the sqlserver with 16bit ODBC I get no connection. If I
attach to the NT server I can then get a 16 bit connection.

The 32odbc connection works either way. I don't want my users to
connect to the NT server.

I have SQLServer running TCP/IP.

Any ideas???

Ron

16 bit ODBC, Netware, SQLServer 2000

Post by Dan Guzma » Sun, 22 Oct 2000 04:00:00

It looks like the 16-bit application is using named pipes.  You might try
changing the default net lib to TCP/IP for 16-bit applications in the
WIN.INI or with the 16-bit SQL Server Client Configuration utility:

[SQLSERVER]
DSQUERY=DBMSSOC3

It's been a while since I've had to deal with legacy 16-bit apps so my
recallection may be a bit off.  If I'm not mistaken, the 16-bit SQL server
libraries are only available with SQL 6.5 and earlier.

Hope this helps.

Quote:> I am having a problem getting my Win9x machines to attach to the
> SQLServer.

> All the Win9x machine log into a Netware 4.x server. When I try to
> attach to the sqlserver with 16bit ODBC I get no connection. If I
> attach to the NT server I can then get a 16 bit connection.

> The 32odbc connection works either way. I don't want my users to
> connect to the NT server.

> I have SQLServer running TCP/IP.

> Any ideas???

> Ron

1. 16 bit ODBC, Netware, SQLServer 2000

I am having a problem getting my Win9x machines to attach to the
SQLServer.

All the Win9x machine log into a Netware 4.x server. When I try to
attach to the sqlserver with 16bit ODBC I get no connection. If I
attach to the NT server I can then get a 16 bit connection.

The 32odbc connection works either way. I don't want my users to
connect to the NT server.

I have SQLServer running TCP/IP.

Any ideas???

Ron

2. NT vs. Solaris???

3. Migrating 16-bit ODBC DLL (SQLServer) to 32-bit ODBC DLL (MS Access)

4. How to remove #table during a session

5. ODBC 2.0, 16-bit using netware

6. Anyone receive PW 7 in the mail yet? Still Waiting...

7. 16-Bit ODBC Driver for SQL server 7.0 and 2000

8. SQL7 DatePart Function invalid?

9. 16 bit ODBC with SQL 2000

10. 16-bit ODBC client access to SQL Server 2000

11. 16-Bit ODBC Driver for SQL server 7.0 and 2000

12. 16 bit ODBC under Windows 2000