SQL to XML

Post by outey k » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 07:55:39

I looking to export a SQL database (doesn't matter whether Oracle or Microsoft),
and manipulate the report with xml, and publish the report in a web. I want to
try to implement it first using ASP technology, and then later migrate to JSP.
Any suggestions? I am also looking for xsl processor that will support on ASP.

SQL to XML

Post by Terje Beck Nilse » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 08:19:49

Look at www.w3appml.com

I looking to export a SQL database (doesn't matter whether Oracle or
Microsoft),
and manipulate the report with xml, and publish the report in a web. I want
try to implement it first using ASP technology, and then later migrate to
JSP.
Any suggestions? I am also looking for xsl processor that will support on
ASP.

SQL to XML

Post by Michae » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 18:35:13

Well, then use SQLServer 2000 and its build-in XML support. No need to use
either ASP or JSP to generate the XML and even HTML via XSLT.

Best regards
Michael

I looking to export a SQL database (doesn't matter whether Oracle or
Microsoft),
and manipulate the report with xml, and publish the report in a web. I want
try to implement it first using ASP technology, and then later migrate to
JSP.
Any suggestions? I am also looking for xsl processor that will support on
ASP.

1. XML from SQL into xml.load

How can I pass the recordset from a SQL query using FOR XML AUTO into the
xml.load method of the XML DOM. I'm using ASP.

This is what I thought would work but it's not:

Set xml = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument")
sql = "SELECT * FROM Orders FOR XML AUTO"
Set RS = Conn.Execute(sql)
xml.load(RS)

The xml.load method returns true but is empty. I've even tried appending a
"<root>" tag before the sql and I get an empty "<root/>" tag.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

2. Setting up SQL Server connection through ODBC

3. BizTalk XML -> SQL 2000 XML

4. remove first character

5. ANN: XQX -- XML SQL to XML

6. Problems with access and SQL

7. SQL 7.0, XML, XML DOM, and CGI project

8. Dr. Watson Error and JetDB

9. XML from SQL V XML from middle teir objects

10. ANN: XQX -- XML SQL to XML

11. Help with sql and xml

12. iFive call for speakers (SQL Summit, XML DevCon, Web Services Summit)