Unable to connect

Post by Timo Talasm » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I have problems connecting to SQL 6.5. I installed it and
all I get is the message 'A connection could not be established
to DB1 - [DB-Library] Unable to connect: SQL Server is unavailable or does
no exist. Specified SQL-Server not found'.

When I choose 'Start' from 'Server'-menu I get the message
'An error 1722 - (The RPC Server is unavailable) occured while performing
this service operation on the MSSQLServer service.

I have no previous experience of MS SQL-Server so I'd appreciate simple