Migration from 6.5 to sql 2000

Post by niitmala » Mon, 24 Mar 2003 04:07:03

dear friends

i want to migrate my SQL server from 6.5 to 2000 on the
live server.

Please suggest any link of white paper for the same.

Thanks in advance

best regards
NiitMalad

Migration from 6.5 to sql 2000

Post by David Porta » Mon, 24 Mar 2003 04:48:06

MS has a doc here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q261334

You should try the upgrade in a test environment to prove that your
applications behave properly before upgrading the production server.

--
David Portas
------------

Quote:> dear friends

> i want to migrate my SQL server from 6.5 to 2000 on the
> live server.

> Please suggest any link of white paper for the same.

> Thanks in advance

> best regards
> NiitMalad

1. Migration SQl 6.5 to SQl 2000

Felix,

The DTS Import wizard in SQL 2k doesn't work for this?

/Lasse

I am encountering problems migrating the following code from 6.5 to 2000
The main block is the replace of 6.5 syslocks table with 2000 syslockinfo
table
Can somebody provide some help about how to change the following 6.5
compatible
select statement to SQL 2000::

SELECT SLG.Name, SO.name, SP2.program_name, SP2.hostname
FROM master.dbo.syslogins SLG, master.dbo.sysprocesses SP1,
     master.dbo.sysprocesses SP2, master.dbo.syslocks SLCK, dbo.sysobjects
SO

      AND SP2.SPID = SLCK.SPID AND SLCK.id = SO.id

2. "sendData" working fine with "jConnect 5.0" but not with "jConnect 5.5 !"

3. migration sql 6.5 SQL 2000

4. ECPG and bison

5. Migration: SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2000

6. Adodb Shape command

7. SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000 migration issues

8. SQL 'where' question

9. Migration SQL 6.5 ->2000 Server