Opening Access97 database from SQL 7 stored procedure

Opening Access97 database from SQL 7 stored procedure

Post by Larr » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I need to query a table in an Access97 database from within a SQL 7 stored
procedure.

Is it possible to just link the access database as a linked server and then
use a fully referenced table name to get the data?

Larry

Opening Access97 database from SQL 7 stored procedure

Post by BPMargoli » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Larry,

Check out the section "OLE DB Provider for Jet" in the SQL Server 7.0 Books
Online. It provides an example of how to set up MS Access as a linked
server, and even provides a query example.

Quote:> I need to query a table in an Access97 database from within a SQL 7 stored
> procedure.

> Is it possible to just link the access database as a linked server and
then
> use a fully referenced table name to get the data?

> Larry

1. Update on SQL database with stored procedures in another SQL database

Hello.  I have a question largely expressed in the title.  I wish to update
tables (records) in one SQL database using stored procedures in another SQL
database.  Both databases would be Microsoft SQL Server 2000 databases and
may or may not be running on the same server (physical computer) or instance
of SQL Server itself.

Does anyone have any thoughts, resources, or ideas on such a project?

Thanks,

Mike

2. shared memory and sp_configure

3. Opening a database in a stored procedure

4. AS2000 not client/server?

5. Opening an ADO recordset against a dataset returned from a SQL Server Stored Procedure

6. ETL Performance Benchmarks???

7. Record set open from SQL stored procedure

8. BCP utility ignore

9. Access97, stored procedures and #temporary tables

10. Stored Procedure In Pass-through Query - Access97

11. Returning a value from a SSL7 Stored Procedure to Access97

12. Stored Procedures in Access97 and ADO?

13. Access97 ODBC and Stored Procedures