SQL7 and Win2000pro (MaxMpxCT)

Post by ToyLE » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I installed SQL Server 7 into Win2000 and got this error in the event
log:

The value named MaxMpxCt in the server's Registry key
LanmanServer\Parameters was invalid.  The value was ignored, and
processing continued.

I searched www.microsoft.com and didn't find anything related to this.

SQL7 and Win2000pro (MaxMpxCT)

Post by Neil Pik » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

 It's a value that W2K doesn't need setting - not a problem.  SQL 2000 won't
bother setting this on W2K machine.

 If you want you can delete the registry entry

 > I installed SQL Server 7 into Win2000 and got this error in the event

Quote:> log:

> The value named MaxMpxCt in the server's Registry key
> LanmanServer\Parameters was invalid.  The value was ignored, and
> processing continued.

> I searched www.microsoft.com and didn't find anything related to this.

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (428 entries) see
 forumsb.compuserve.com/vlforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps (sqlfaq.zip - L7
- SQL Public)
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 or www.sql-server.co.uk
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

SQL7 and Win2000pro (MaxMpxCT)

Post by ToyLET Donke » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Thank you! BTW, what exactly is the use of this reg-key?
Is there a site which listed the meaning of the reg=keys used by SQL7?
Could be useful in the future...
Quote:>  It's a value that W2K doesn't need setting - not a problem.
> SQL 2000 won't bother setting this on W2K machine.

>  If you want you can delete the registry entry
> > The value named MaxMpxCt in the server's Registry key
> > LanmanServer\Parameters was invalid.  The value was ignored, and
> > processing continued.

SQL7 and Win2000pro (MaxMpxCT)

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

 It's an NT key, not a SQL one.  These are all detailed in the NT resource
kits.

 > Thank you! BTW, what exactly is the use of this reg-key?

Quote:> Is there a site which listed the meaning of the reg=keys used by SQL7?
> Could be useful in the future...

> >  It's a value that W2K doesn't need setting - not a problem.
> > SQL 2000 won't bother setting this on W2K machine.

> >  If you want you can delete the registry entry
> > > The value named MaxMpxCt in the server's Registry key
> > > LanmanServer\Parameters was invalid.  The value was ignored, and
> > > processing continued.

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (428 entries) see
 forumsb.compuserve.com/vlforums/UK/default.asp?SRV=MSDevApps (sqlfaq.zip - L7
- SQL Public)
 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 or www.sql-server.co.uk
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

1. MaxMpxCt Parameter...

I have the next configuration:

A SQL Server running:
  a.. W2K Server SP1
  b.. SQL 7.0 SP3
A TERMINAL SERVICES Server running:
  a.. W2K Server SP1
Clients:
  a.. LAN Clients, running an aplication (in Visual Basic) that connects to the SQL Server.
  b.. WAN Clients, that run another aplication (in Visual Basic), and connects, through the Terminal Server, to the SQL Server.

My LAN Clients NO have problems.

But my WAN Clients have the next problems:  Some times, most frequently when ALL THE WAN USERS are working, some SQL Procceses are LOCKED (or BLOCKED, the message says LOCK BLOCKED, or something like that)

We suspect that we have a problem with the MAXMPXCT parameter, because I discover an error in the SQL Server Event Log:

  The value named MaxMpxCt in the server's Registry key LanmanServer\Parameters was invalid.  The value was ignored, and processing continued.

I had 511, and I changed it to 100.

I was ready articles Q271148 and Q141709, and I suspect that we have some problems with the MAXMPXCT and MAXCMDS parameters in BOTH SERVERS.

In article Q271148, I read that Windows 2000 has a problem with the MAXCMDS parameter and it puts to 50.

I don't know if the conection between the W2K Terminal Server and the W2K SQL Server uses this parameter by MACHINE or if it uses by SESION.  That means, I don't know if in hits connection I only have 50 Concurrent Outstanding Network Requests.

I think I have a problem.  Why?  Because I was been erasing MAPS between this SERVERS and the problems now is lower, but it continues.

Can somebody help me?

Salvador.

2. Recordset trouble

3. Can't perform sql6.5 disk backup on win2000pro

4. Please Help....

5. WIn2000pro w/SQL Server

6. Database size limit on MSDE 2000

7. Installing ADO 2.5 on Win2000Pro for VB Program

8. VB Sytax for Connection Pooling in MTS

9. does SQl 7.0 runs on win2000Pro

10. Installing MSSQL2k on WIn2000Pro

11. PLEASE HELP!!! adodb.connection and win2000pro

12. ODBC -> Oracle 16 bit on win2000pro