Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

Post by Pierre Schuh » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi

I know that you cannot create multiple PARTITIONS without using MS OLAP
Services 7.0 EE.
Yet, the FoodMart DB shows 2 Partitions For the Warehouse DB.

It makes me wondering whether it could be possible to CREATE multiple
Partitions With MSOLAPSERVICES7.0 EE, but browse and use the various
partitions Directly with The Standrard Edition.

As far as Clients that are supposed to Buy OLAP Services are concerned, this
could be a major outcome.

Is this accurate, or not ?

TIA

Pierre

Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

Post by Mosha Pasumansk » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

This is more of the licensing issue rather than technical issue.
You are _not allowed_ by the license agreement to use multiple partitions,
even if you can trick the system.

Mosha Pasumansky

All you need is love (John Lennon)

Quote:> Hi