Problems With MS DTC Service

Post by MrSachinJai » Mon, 26 May 2003 13:42:27

I am running a XP Professional Box(OEM) with SQL 2000 sp3.

I tried to configure MS DTC service, It has got started but when i goto
event viewer it gives this error message.

"The account that the MS DTC service is running under is invalid.  This
can happen if the service account information has been changed using the
Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).  MS DTC service
will continue to start. Please make sure that the MS DTC service account
information is updated using the Component Services Explorer."

I have 2 XP Pro Boxes. Both Installed with SQL 2000 sp3. Lets name them
srv1 and srv2 . On the both machines i have configured MS DTC to be run
by a domain user(this user is admin on the both the local boxes). On
svr1 the event viewer does not give the error message which i have
mentioned above.  But on the srv2 the Event viewer shows the message.

Can you help me out.

Problems With MS DTC Service

Post by Gert E.R. Draper » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 01:25:45

On Windows XP and later (Windows Server 2003) MSDTC has to run as NT
AUTHORITY\NetworkService.

Since the log directory, log file, Registry entries are protected using an
ACL the MSDTC service will not be able to start.

Use %WINDIR%\System32\Com\comexp.msc to make the service account changes

Please reply only to the newsgroups.
You assume all risk for your use.
Copyright ? SQLDev.Net 1991-2003 All rights reserved.

Quote:

> I am running a XP Professional Box(OEM) with SQL 2000 sp3.

> I tried to configure MS DTC service, It has got started but when i goto
> event viewer it gives this error message.

> "The account that the MS DTC service is running under is invalid.  This
> can happen if the service account information has been changed using the
> Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).  MS DTC service
> will continue to start. Please make sure that the MS DTC service account
> information is updated using the Component Services Explorer."

> I have 2 XP Pro Boxes. Both Installed with SQL 2000 sp3. Lets name them
> srv1 and srv2 . On the both machines i have configured MS DTC to be run
> by a domain user(this user is admin on the both the local boxes). On
> svr1 the event viewer does not give the error message which i have
> mentioned above.  But on the srv2 the Event viewer shows the message.

> Can you help me out.

> --

1. SQL & network gurus: MS DTC problem

I have a number of remote SQL2K servers that use DTC to
call an sproc on my local SQL2K server (i.e. they call it
within a DISTRIBUTED TRAN and commit or rollback depending
on the error code). I'm primarily testing DTC at the
moment, so I have the remote servers executing queries
that execute distributed transactions as quickly as
possible.

Everything proceeds well at first. However, after the
remote servers have executed about 5000 distributed
transactions, DTC begins to fail -- the remote servers
receive error 8522 (Distributed transaction aborted by
MSDTC) and, if things are really bad, 911 (Communication
link failure). The local server's application event log
also fills up with event 17055 (Distributed transaction
aborted by MSDTC).

When I look at this in Performance Monitor, I see that the
average DTC response time hovers at 75 ms for a while,
then rises and eventually caps out at about 400 ms. As it
rises, the number of aborted transactions increases
(eventually rising to about 5/sec when the remote servers
are initiating about 25/sec).

At first glance, it's as if DTC is becoming saturated --
but if so, I'm not sure how to increase a timeout interval
or something to get it to queue transactions rather than
dropping them, or to execute some kind of internal flush.

Anyone else have a better guess (or, even better, a
solution)?

2. Storing Binary/Image Files

3. MS DTC Problem

4. INGRES-NET over the Internet

5. SQL & network gurus: MS DTC problem

6. i have a table that keeps a search log

7. Problems Installing MS DTC

8. ADO accessing Foxpro dbf

9. MS DTC PROBLEM (URGENT)

10. MS DTC and ASP problem/question

11. MS-DTC problem

12. ORACLE - MS MTS/DTC performance problem

13. How can i find DTC service on SQL 2K