TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVELS

Post by rbenne » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Dear Folks: I'm trying to find a way to set the Transaction Isolation level
to Read Uncommitted at the workstation level. We use the ODBC 3.5 DLLs and
the v 3.7 SQLSrvr32.DLL. I've tried to alter the regestry of my
workstation - but I'm grasping at straws as to how to make this change
programmatically. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

1. setting transaction isolation level on connection

This is probably posted in the wrong group and is a simple question, but:

For report purposes I'd like to have the isolation level set to
READ UNCOMMITTED or "dirty reads" or "no lock". In our application that
would be acceptable.  I can't count on our users to set this when
logging in.

Is there any way to configure SQL server for this default?
OR
Is there a way to run a stored procedure upon login where I can
place the SQL command to set the isolation level?

Thanks for any help

Michael Eno

2. Oracle Service on Windows NT

3. Transaction Isolation Level

4. Memory leaks with Access ODBC?

5. transaction isolation level setting serializable - deadlocks

6. transactional replication with CDPD links

7. Transaction isolation level

8. DBD::Pg problem?

9. set transaction isolation level

10. Transaction Isolation Level

11. setting transaction isolation level programatically

12. Where should I put SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL?

13. About transaction isolation level